Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Friday, September 4, 2009

I'm PREGNANT

I have been so fascinated with reading so many different blogs, that I feel it's finally time to join the fun! And what better time to start than now... when I can start documenting my pregnancy. Be prepared, this first post could be a long one.

Let the documenting begin....

Before I even knew I was pregnant, I was thinking of a creative way we could tell our families the exciting news. I knew I wanted to do something memorable. And oddly enough, the day before I found out I was pregnant, the idea struck me. I wanted to get t-shirts with "Team Watson" on the front and '10 (as in 2010) on the back, along with their "titles". The significance you ask? Both of us are from a very sports oriented background, not to mention, Matt's softball number is #10. So, what better way to announce our news than with a sports theme! I made all the male designs in blue and all females in pink. We also thought they could all wear their shirts to the hospital on delivery day. The below pictures are the front and back of the shirt we're giving Hayden (my 6 1/2 year old stepson) tonight! Now you get the idea of what they all look like.


We took our first test on August 27, 2009. And a second test the next day... hey, I needed to be 100% sure! So with a quick trip to Michaels, I was able to get all the t-shirts and iron on's. I printed out the designs and we made the shirts together. We told our parents and my sister on that Friday night (8/28/09). They were all sooo excited! But they were sworn to secrecy! Afterall, we still had other family members to surprise! I'm somewhat leery to scream from the mountain tops at this point, but am so thankful for such a gracious blessing. Our first doctor's appt. is Sept 28th. I will feel sooo much better when I finally get the "real" confirmation. Until then, we'll tell our closest friends and pray, pray, pray!

3 comments:

amywelborn said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Congrats!!!!!! I just new that must be the 'News" you were talking about! I will def be checking the blog for updates! So happy for you girl!

Megan said...

I love how you told everyone the baby news. And I'm so glad that Mom and I accidentally found out before you told EVERYONE.

Carol Jae said...

Congrats again!